Sunday, March 8, 2009

Always with the Questions!

I love this graphic. I got it from someone called "DaytonHawk" on the sodahead website....where he/she was saying Harry Potter dorks have less questions than Twlight dorks. Clearly, I am a self-professed Twilight dork. I could keep this blog up for two years with the questions that pop into my mind on a daily basis....

OK more questions...

Does Twilight make you want to go to the Pacific Northwest? It makes me want to jump on a plane. Sadly, I have only been out there once - to Seattle - and I absolutely loved it. Friends who live there told me I picked the greatest two days of the year, as it was sunny the whole time I was there.

Where does Jacob get money? He doesn't have a job. His dad doesn't have a job. His sister is in college.

As far as the movie goes - I have been wondering why Jasper's hair is so long, because he was a soldier. But I was forgetting he was a soldier in 1863. I couldn't figure out why he didn't have short hair because I am assuming they all have the hair they had when they were turned. That's how it usually works with vampires. Look at poor Vampire Bill from True Blood. He's stuck with his Civil War soldier hair and his pork chop sideburns for the rest of his un-life. Even when he was burned beyond recognition by the sun, he still phased back together with that Civil War hair. So Jasper's hair is pretty consistent with the time period in which he was turned.


OK so here's something... I just read one one of the (millions of Twilight) blogs and someone was saying Edward's mother knew Carlisle was different and begged him to "save" Edward, knowing it would not be the usual saving. I didn't get that. Did you? I pretty much took the story at face value and didn't do much digging to satisfy my own sadness that Carlisle changed a 17 year old, rendering him powerless to his own self-loathing he'd experience when he met Bella. To say his mother knew Carlisle would turn him? I don't know. I think that's reaching to make yourself feel better. But who knows - I might have misinterpreted the story, which I've done frequently in these books - ie - not even realizing Jacob imprinted when the story was presented to me. Duh.

No comments: