Thursday, March 5, 2009

Catch Me I Don't Want to Fall

And I'll always know how to find you...'cause you shine like the Midnight Sun ~ Simon le Bon

As I sit here reading Midnight Sun, I can't help but think of one of my favorite songs from Duran Duran, off their Medazzaland album. (Oops, I said "album". I'm showing my age. Clearly I'm not a teen Twilight fan.) I cannot believe Edward was this wound up over Bella. It's fascinating. He can't even stay in Spanish class, and she's not even in that class! Emmett's so funny. He truly never knows when to shut up. At any rate, if Edward is this captivating so soon after meeting Bella, I can't imagine what he's going to be like when they start flying off to the meadow together. I can only beg of Stephenie Meyer that she continues this rough draft, all the way to Breaking Dawn and beyond. And I thank her mother for making her write it!

Here are the lyrics to "Midnight Sun" from Duran Duran (click to give it a listen). I would LOVE to hear this played in "New Moon" when we finally get to see the hell Edward was living through when he left Bella. Remember when he said it had gotten day to day - and that he'd have been back soon because he couldn't stand it anymore? I can see him lying on a bed with a horribly sad, brooding "Edward look" on his face, with this song playing eerily in the background...

As I watch you flickering slowly
In the shadows nothing to hold
Its as if I don't recall our time before
And would it be so wrong
Not to remember

There are times I look at you differently
Like Ive never seen you before
Funny, after all we've done
You could be someone I don't know at all
I don't know you at all

Catch me, I don't want to fall

But you pull the mountain from under me
Look, I'm dangling up in the blue
And its a cartoon kind of eternity
Before I drop down to you
What am I supposed to do now?

There is something beautiful shining
In the hollow knot of your head
Funny, for a while it seemed to come from the sky
But its in your head
Yes it fills your head

You and I don't always fly
Let me down, I want to fall
Deep into the dark
But I'll come back to you

And I'll always know how to find you
cause you shine like the midnight sun

No comments: