Sunday, March 29, 2009

More DVD Jabber

You know what I think is funny? When Bella and Edward are in the forest for the first time and she's telling him she knows he's a vampire...and he wants to "show" her, so he whisks her up the mountain so she can see him in the sunlight. "Um, hello? Edward? Yeah, this is me, Carol. I think Bella pretty much got the picture when you ran her up a mountain and above the cloud cover at warp speed. Just a hunch." Either way, I could watch that man sparkle all damned day. He's just so pretty. I was so happy she found the cajones to tell him he was beautiful, too. I didn't trust her to be able to stop sulking and pull it off.

I also LOVED when he's telling her what a killer he is and he's up in the tree and she climbs up and gets in his face to say she knows he won't hurt her - and he's literally taken aback and backs away from her - like she's the strong one and he's afraid of her for a split second. That. Was. Awesome.

OK I LOVE the way Edward jumped out of the sky onto Bella's truck and she told him to pipe down because she's got neighbors. That was the first glimpse we got of these two actually behaving like a couple, other than them walking into school together with his arm around her. But he was the only one smiling, so it doesn't quite count. She was still a little too robotic.


Do you not laugh every time Jasper's got a close-up? Because I
do. And I'm pretty certain every woman in the room the night
I first saw the movie did as well. I am thinking he was the hardest to get across to the movie audience had they not read the book? Mr Calm Friends and Influence People? And...well...I've made no secret of how I feel about his hair.

No comments: