Monday, April 6, 2009

The New Moon Reread - Part 2

"Only a teenage boy would agree to this: deceiving both our parents while repairing dangerous vehicles using money meant for my college education. He didn't see anything wrong with that picture. Jacob was a gift from the gods."

The first time around, I was completely annoyed with Jacob for being so immature and agreeing to spend her COLLEGE money for this. Now I realize he was 16 years old and college wasn't high on his priority list, either.

"While he worked, Jacob chattered happily, needing only the lightest of nudges from me to keep the conversation rolling. "

I am just as annoyed with Bella here as I was during the first go-round. She is so selfish sometimes. I feel like saying "god forbid you put yourself out there and actually BE a friend." She was the same way with Jessica. And I know Jessica could be a pain in the ass, but still. Bella just comes off like she'll use anyone who crosses her path, with the exception of Edward.

"I giggled quietly. The sound made my eyes widen in wonder. I was laughing, actually laughing, and there wasn't anyone around watching. I felt so weightless that I laughed again, just to make the feeling last longer."

See? First time around, it's like "good, yeah, whatever, I'm glad she's not suicidal, but for the love of god, WHERE IS EDWARD?!" Now it's like "OK, good. I'm glad she's getting happy again. She needed to come out of that rut. She's going to be OK." Remember those days when homework seemed like a welcome gift because you were trying not to think about some guy? UGH - I do. So I'm happy Bella's coming out of her man-funk. Because sister, we've ALL been there.

One more thing - I have been googling photos and there are a ton of photoshopped Edward/Bella/Jacob shots out there...and I am finding that I literally can't look! I feel like Bella! I don't want to even think about Edward... or I won't be able to really get into the Jacob storyline like I want to. How funny is that?

*Thanks to twilight-gossip.com for the photo.

No comments: