Monday, May 4, 2009

Will the real Edward Cullen please stand up?

So last night I'm Googling something having nothing to do with Twilight (can you imagine?) And I stumble upon this PR blog entry from July of 2008 regarding up-and-comers in the acting world. And what I REALLY find interesting isn't that the author's FIRST pick is Robert Pattinson. No Sir. What I REALLY find interesting is that her SECOND pick is Henry Cavill. Not only the Hottie McHottie who plays Charles Brandon on the Tudors - but STEPHENIE MEYER'S alleged original pick to play none other than EDWARD CULLEN in Twilight. (Her Edwardy brain muse, if you will.) Unfortunately Henry Cavill was just a few years too old to play Edward. But it's interesting to me that this person thought of him right after Robert Pattinson for general acting goodness. And make sure to click the photos; the one of Rob. P. is absolutely adorable and probably a few years old, before he and his hair got all Muppety on us. Word.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am totally digging the pic of RP. I have this love/hate thing with him. I think he's ADORABLE, loved him as Cedric, I even like him as Edward...but something about it is just not right. Maybe its because he smiles too much as Edward...I mean, the reasons that I like him are the very same reasons that I don't totally buy him as Edward. I'm entranced by that smile, but my brain Edward wasn't so jovial...ever....(sigh) But can't put my finger on who SHOULD be playing Edward either...so I guess RP IS my Edward...for better or worse. (Worse, of course, being those eyebrows and the god awful camera angles they sometimes use when shooting him.)

Purgatory Carol said...

You are so funny. Jill read Twilight and saw the movie - and said she felt like she was committing statutory rape every time she lusted after him. LOL!! You know how I feel - pretty much the same as you. He's ridiculously adorable in the movie but I hate myself for thinking that. PS - did you watch the movie with the director's commentary? He admits to having a flat face and says it's really hard for them to get the right angle during kissing scenes. I love how self deprecating his humor is. Totally ads to the charm. (Uh shut me up - I am old enough to be the damn kid's mother!)