Sunday, September 13, 2009

Things I have to say

I cannot stop watching the new trailer. Is there something wrong with me? Not only do I get chills, but I get them at multiple and different places within the video. Charlie in the woods... Laurent and the wolves... Dakota Fanning... That eerie music that all the fan trailers use... Ugh. I'm exhausted. I need to take a month's sabbatical at one of those rehabs all he celebs go to when they need some "down time". But really... could a spa strip me of this obsession? I think not. (OK now my neighbors who have recently found my blog totally and completely thing I am a freak. And you know who you are, Liz and Greg!)

OK so everyone has had something to say about Ashley's acting in this trailer... but I maintain the feeling that we have to wait for the movie. The trailer is incredibly spliced and all over the place. Bella's truck pulls up - and Alice and Bella are talking in a vehicle. But it's not the truck - it's Carlisle's Mercedes. They show Bella walk up a hill in one (bad) outfit - but she jumps off the cliff in another (bad) one. At any rate, we have to remember that Ashley is narrating in a way. She's not just being Alice, she's telling the non-book-reading audience what's going on. I think that's why she's sounding so desperate for Viva Glam at the mall. (See comments of the below post for an explanation.) She also sounds very Marge Thompson (Nancy's mom) in Nightmare on Elm Street. "He can't get you anymore. Mommy killed him." But again - let's wait for the film. I think we'll be surprised. (Also - she's M'GIRL ALICE and I can't do anything but love her.)

OK - here's the most important thing I have to say. Ready?

Dear Stephenie,
Taylor Lautner's acting in this short clip makes me realize you absolutely - positively - MUST continue this series. It is an incredible disservice to the fans to not let us see Jacob fall in love with the RIGHT girl - aka Renesmee. (Much like that meanie Shonda Rhymes robbed me of seeing Denny and Izzie walk out of the hospital on their way to dinner, but I digress.) Please find it in your heart to continue this series (right after finishing Midnight Sun, writing "The Carlise Chronicles" and giving us an in-depth look at Edward's life before being made Vampire.)
Thanks bunches!
Carol

And last but not least, after seeing this itty-bitty trailer, I have to state the following:

Rob who? I'll take one of Felix, please.

No comments: