Sunday, December 13, 2009

Interview with Rob Pattinson in Toda Teen

Thanks to NewMoonMovie.org for this find. Head on over to their site and read the whole thing. I have to make mention of a certain part of the interview though:

TT: You talked about your acting. How did you grow as an actor?
RP: One of the things I never under stood in Twilight was why I was still in school. When you are 108 years old, you would probably be doing any thing, except high school. That fact made me confused when I was acting. But once you finally pull that off… And even in the first scenes when he’s still in school it’s because he wanted to be near Bella. It’s an obvious reason to be there: he wants to be with her. But when Edward leaves and wanders through the world, it’s easier to me to get what he’s thinking.

I had a lot to say about this when I first read it... and I blogged about it. And then Tracey R. commented - and I reread my post - and realized I was hard on RPattz. So I deleted my commentary as well as Tracey's comment (only because it wouldn't make sense without my previous commentary.)

I'm sorry... because I kindof jumped down Rob's throat about not getting why Edward is in school... But he's not really disagreeing with his being in school, he's just saying he had a hard time playing a 108 year old senior in highschool. So I guess I understand that.

I think maybe I'm still a bit put off about certain parts of these movies that I feel sway a bit too far from the books. One point I made in my earlier post that I am sticking with is this: Edward was cool in the books. He exuded strength and calm. No matter what was going on inside his brain. And I don't feel like Rob does that in the films; quite the opposite. Edward looks uncomfortable a lot. And I disagree with that. Edward might have felt uncomfortable...  but he didn't look uncomfortable... or act uncomfortable. (Except for that conundrum of his whimpering on Bella during her pregnancy, but let's not get into that right now, mmmkayyyy?)

You know, yesterday I was talking to my friend Nancy S. whose friend's daughter read the books and absolutely refuses to see the films. I found that absolutely and unbelievably commendable for a teenager. It got me thinking about how I really feel like I've lost a bit of the true Twilight... because the movies are different from the books in one way or another. What I have to remember is that it is not always the actors' fault; they can only do so much to bring the book to life.

I'm starting to think I don't want to see the Outlander series on the big screen... But that's a post for My Outlander Purgatory...

5 comments:

Tracey C said...

Tracey C said...

Books r always better and I applaud the Teen! Kinda wish I had of done the same...

Posted this about a week ago...but it touches on this sorta...I will not see Outlander as a Movie! but Alas I am to far gone in ruining Twilight the I will see anymore made....

Saw it again last night...so much better when there are only 30 people in a theatre compared to 300 crying teens!

It was Awesome!! I got into it so much more...still can't wait to get intimate with it in my living room :oP

Watching it again KStew was actualy not as bad as I thought! She did have emotion with Edward...she just always looks so miserable that it makes it hard to see a difference.

I have come to the realization that not matter whom they had gotten to play the characters... NO one would have measured up to the Books!

RPattz totaly DID rock it! Long and lean was very impressive this time...He looked awesome and can act and I saw the trailer for Remember Me and want to see it!!

Miss soooo much on the first viewing that I am so glad I went again! Totaly addicted yet again!! The Volturie fight although very entertaining was added and not needed as I agree it made Edward appear weak...Yes, missed when Bella awoke and thought she was dreaming...was my very favorite part of the book!!

I will probably sneak away before it reaches DVD and see it a third time...but that is between us right LOL

Purgatory Carol said...

LOL I know, right? I have to see it again before it comes out on DVD - and before it leaves the theatres. It won't be playing forever. And I don't have one of those cool theatres that plays older movies for a buck like Jenn D has in Erie.

I feel the same way, Tracey - I am too fargone with the Twilight movies, so I'll see the rest. But Outlander is so spectacular, I really think I'm hoping they never make a movie. (Can't believe I just said that as I cast the thing in my mind on a daily basis!)

JeDeCe said...

You KNOW I'll be at the dolla-flicker EVERY DAY when it parks there! LOL...sometimes living in a depressed little sh*thole town has its perks.

Tracey C said...

I will not see Outlander if it is made into a movie...at least not until it goes to 7 day rental...by then I should be done the books and the infatuation! LOL

Waiting for it to hit the 'Toonie' show here....will be there a couple of times...have my daughters friends that haven't seen it yet and are beggin me constantly!

Purgatory Carol said...

Oh Jenn D you are so funny. You know how much I love Erie. Pretty big downtown area - and yet so CLEAN. It's one of life's great mysteries to me. I'll come and hang ANY time! :)